Thursday, November 5, 2009

The Process

My world is changing.
Faster than I ever thought it would.
Seeing things and doing things I thought I never could.
My heart it beat slowly
Like the calm before the storm
And my eyes stream gently
Bitter sweet tear drops, so warm.
From one issue to the next
From closed doors to bounced checks.
If I don't make it down this road I don't know what I’ll do next.
This is the life I thought deserved, the life I thought I would get, this life could lead to lead me to victory, or even regret.
Lord knows my zapatos aint never been opposed to walking.
But I don't got the stamina
And I hear the vultures squawking.
It's like I'm lost now.
And my great wall of confidence is falling down
All around me
Like I'm blinded by my own light
But my Lord says its not my fight.
And God willing the next time that plane of opportunity touches down, it'll be my flight.

No comments: