Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Come In

They don’t wanna see you fly
But I would be a lie if I said I wasn’t
apart of the crowd that didn’t support you
and your decision
cause it ain’t what I want that’s best
it’s about God’s say in the matter
and I would love to say fuck the rest.
But I couldn’t look you in the eye
And not tell you the whole truth
Not warn you about the impending stress
The statistic that you are becoming
The shame I feel
The shame I feel for feeling shame
The heaviness that we falling in
And I say we cause you not going though alone
You never were
And you never will be.
I wish I could make this decision for you
And I would hold onto that guilt for you
Cry those tears for you
Cause that’s how I love when I love you
I would walk those stairs
And lay on my back
And feel that emptiness for you.
Just so you wouldn’t have to.
I'm sorry but...
I need you to be smart about this
I need you to think about more than
what we'll think
or what they'll say
or redeeming yourself through this.
I think it'll be too hard
I don't see the silver lining
But I see the storm on the horizon
I got something saved for a rainy day
but wouldn't it be smarter
to just come on in the house
A rain coat ain't strong enough for this
Just come in.
Wouldn't it be the smarter thing to do
Why would you try to bear the storm outside
When the house is able and ready to protect you?

No comments: