Monday, January 24, 2011

Damn.

I don't feel like talking but I want to communicate.
Since being with you I've learned
The inevitable can't be fought.
A river can't be forced to flow in any direction other than where it wants to go. Damn.
I should have known,
That I would I miss you when you left.
I pushed you away granted
But I was only testing your limits and I guess this was the crack that shattered us. Damn.
I wonder if it's too late or too soon
to wet my fingertips and scroll down the yellowpages
A repairman is needed.
I had plans, you did too, but I just think we reached a peak too soon.
Causing us to break levees and flood like katrina
Leaving eyes misty and mouths wet with salty tears and sad words
The same mouths that would drip in anticipation for each other
Are now vacuumed shut
No kind words cause even though we're "friends" I can't say nothing "friendly"
All that I can say is I'm sorry it happened this way, and as much as I don't want to let it go I don't know what else to do.
The waters rushing in. The oceans breaking through and suddenly I can't see you
I can't feel you
I can't hear you
So I must release you
Back into the sea
Where their are plenty of other fish
Fish much better than me

2 comments:

riva. said...

Fave line.

A river can't be forced to flow in any direction other than where it wants to go.

Beautiful.

nianicole said...

thx Riva!